2012 has been happening for some time now, but Flying Yenta is a straggler, having been found flying somewhere nondescript and dragged back by her kerchief. She has now returned to her bloggerly duties. Thank you, readers, for making 2011 great and for checking in again. Here’s to you:
(No, wait, wrong one). Here’s to you:
And now, the award…
The 7×7 Link Award
This blog has been nominated for a 7×7 Link Award (unrelated to 7×7 Magazine). Thank you, Come Due Maiali, for this exciting nomination! The award has three requirements which I will fulfill below.
I. Share something about yourself that others don’t know.
My new story about Lenin will be published this summer! And I’m the one who took your rug.
II. Link seven posts from your blog that you think are worthy.
III. Nominate seven other bloggers that deserve the award and haven’t received it yet.
1. Little Spark Media – the blog of a San Francisco-based creative agency, with photo/ video tips and exciting behind-the-scenes stories of a journalist in action.
2. C.B. Wentworth – an inspiring writer following her muse
3. The Strategic Peacock – top-notch writing on marketing and social media
4. The Understander – ruminations of an amateur psychologist
5. Olivia Boler’s blog - a writing blog
6. The Food Yenta – recipes, simplified
7. The Fuse Pilates blog – Not only do the teachers at this Pilates studio inflict just the right kind of pain and say “This should feel like a small piranha biting your side” in class. Their writing is all health and hilarity, too.
From now on, this blog will be updated on Sunday nights weekly. Sometimes more frequently. Hope your 2012 is off to a delightful start.